Businesses that operate from their 80/20 Sweet Spot have the best chance to grow and expand.
Here are the three things you must know:
- Identify your Ideal/Top Clients
- Identify and Articulate your USP [Unique Selling Proposition]
- Create Systems to Under-Promise and Over-Deliver to Your Top Clients
If you truly are a business owner who wants to not just get by, not just exist on the flow of the market-but who wants to dominate their market…and when I say dominate, I mean be a recognized leader in all aspects; have great customers, great employees, systems that deliver consistent results under the umbrella of Under-Promise/Over-Deliver and have increasing revenue and cash flow, then you need to read on.
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- You feel as if you are doing all the right things, but your marketing is falling on deaf ears.
- You are feeling the pressure from your customers, prospects and competitors to lower your prices.
- You can’t take on any more business because you have no more hours to give. You are feeling burned out and unsure how to continue to grow and expand.
- You are always understaffed and/or have the wrong people in the wrong slots.
- Your cash flow is inconsistent or uncertain.
If any of these symptoms resonate with you, then you are not operating from your 80/20 Sweet Spot.
Businesses that are operating in their 80/20 Sweet Spot:
- Easily attract the ideal target audience for their business – both customers and employees.
- Never experience pressure to compete on price. In fact, their customers gladly pay a premium for the value they are receiving.
- Can easily grow and expand their business without requiring extra hours of work from the owner/entrepreneur.
- Have consistent and certain cash flow – month in and month out.
It’s easy to fall for the “shiny ball” syndrome and get caught up in the latest marketing, selling or time management tactic or trend.
If your business does not have a solid 80/20 Sweet Spot Strategy, at some point, you are going to hit that growth plateau. ☹
Your 80/20 Sweet Spot is where your Top/Ideal customers [the 20%’ers], your Unique Selling Proposition [USP] and your Under-promise/Over-Deliver Systems all intersect.
In order to thrive, grow and expand, you need all three.
- If you don’t know who your best, easiest to work with, easiest to communicate with, most profitable clients are, and what they need and want from you, then you can’t possibly create marketing that will attract them.
- If you don’t know or can’t adequately express what makes you different from your competition [in a way your Ideal/Top clients actually care about], then price will be the only thing you have to compete on.
- If you don’t have the systems and process that deliver Under-Promise/Over-Deliver Results, consistently without you, then you are stuck trading dollars for hours. You will never be able to grow beyond the number of hours, you the owner are willing and able to contribute.
Would you like help identifying and implementing your 80/20 Sweet Spot strategy?